Spain’s Golden Visa is one of Europe’s most successful citizenship by investment programs.
The golden visa program in Spain is flexible in terms of the family options it offers however it is restrictive when it comes to the route to citizenship.
The Spain investment visa, also officially known as the Spanish Residence Permit Program or the Spain Golden Visa, was established in 2013 by the Spanish government to encourage foreign investors outside the EU to invest in the country’s economic prosperity. Government fees are low and the process is quick.
* As a Spain Golden Visa holder, you have the freedom to travel around the Schengen area.
* An investment of €500,000 is required in real estate in Spain. The property, either residential or commercial, can be rented for income. Any number of properties can combine to make up the €500,000 minimum investment.
* Applicants deciding to live full time in Spain will require medical insurance. However families will have access to all public services including state medical care and schooling.
* Spain requires no minimum stay requirement to maintain your Spanish Golden Visa card. You only have to enter the country once per year to keep your permit. After your Golden Visa application, you receive your temporary permit, which is valid for either a year or two years, if you visit Spain. After that, you can renew your residence permit for five.
* Permanent Residency can be gained after five years in Spain provided the applicant has lived in the country for more than six months each year. Citizenship in Spain can be applied for after 10 years.
Attorneys from Totu Legal partnered with law firms all over Europe and assist clients in getting their residency by investment.
If you want to know more about Golden Visa Program, contact our office at 501-305-983.